Wednesday, January 27, 2010

YUM YUM overload

I spent Sunday doing laundry at my parent’s house in exchange for being their personal bartender. I have the title of making the best mojitos anyone has ever had (no one had ever had them before) but I totally ruined that reputation on Sunday. Not sure where I went wrong…

Anyway, on Sunday evening I made a thai inspired meal for the hubbub and myself. I mixed a can of light coconut milk with Thai Kitchen red curry paste, added veggies and Trader Joe’s beefless strips and served it over brown jasmine rice.

The curry was a little milder than I would have liked, but overall this was great. Next time I would replace the beefless strips with tofu to introduce some more texture into the dish.

My mom gave me some fresh ginger while I was over on Sunday, and I decided to make Ginger Muffins from The Joy of Vegan Baking. These came out awesome- really refreshing and a great way to start off the morning!
I started off Monday morning with a banana, papaya, blueberry, lettuce and green tea smoothie. It was the first time I added cold tea to a smoothie and although I went overboard, I could tell that in moderate amounts it will be a nice addition.
My new love is carrot spaghetti!!!! I saw this recipe on Vegweb I had to try it. I actually don’t like carrots that much, but this intrigued me. You peel the carrots, sauté them in olive oil, add onion and garlic, and salt and pepper and let cook.
The recipe said to add marinara sauce and enjoy, but I was worried about straight up carrots, so I mixed in some pasta. Next time I am going to do all carrots.


Have a good rest of the week!





















No comments:

Post a Comment