Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mid-Week Blues(berries)

It is so cold in Chicago! It is hard to get up and go to work every day. Luckily, I have some fun things planned for the weekend, so I have something to look forward to.
Monday morning my husband made hot bulgur wheat cereal. I added blueberries, maple syrup (too sweet), and walnuts. I enjoyed it alongside a soy latte. This was sooo good. I don’t know why I don’t eat hot cereal more often.

I try to bring healthy foods to work. My theory is that I only have one option in my lunch bag, so it should be a healthy choice. On Monday I made a salad with lettuce, flax crackers, sprouts, avocado, and a squirt of lemon. I also had an apple.
It was really tasty, but I was STARVING by the time I got home. I fried up some eggplant, added crushed tomatoes, and served it over pasta. Eggplant is not my favorite, but it was on sale. I sprinkled vegan parmesan on top.

The meal came out ok, but I ate WAY too much. I had to stay up and wait for it all to digest! Oh well, live and learn.






No comments:

Post a Comment