Friday, January 8, 2010

WF 365 Vegan Pizza Review

While shopping at Whole Foods the other day, I noticed a Whole Foods brand vegan pizza. It is a cheeseless pizza with shitake mushrooms, red pepper, artichoke, with a balsamic glaze. I love Trader Joe’s and Amy’s versions of this pizza, so I picked one up. For $4.99, I really couldn’t pass it up!

When I took the pizza out of the box, it smelled strongly of the balsamic vinegar. I noticed that it was a bit smaller than the Trader Joe’s version and the crust was definitely thinner. I don’t think the other two have the mushrooms, so I was excited about that.

the pizza, frozen

After a few minutes in the oven I was ready to try! Sadly, I was disappointed. The pizza had way too much vinegar. The mushrooms were soggy. The crust was very thin. My husband couldn’t even finish one slice!

Looks like we will be sticking to the other versions of this vegan pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment